What to do and see on Lake Como in autumn:
- Admire the “Fall Foliage”. Yes, autumn leaf fall is a spectacular time! On the lakeside and in the woods, the leaves take on an orange-yellow appearance and covering the path it seems to walk on a magical colored carpet.
- Chestnut harvest. This is the right season for a walk in the woods with family in tow, hunting for our delicious chestnuts. Jams, flour, various sweets and a thousand ways to cook chestnuts, will leave you with a dry mouth ... and with a peckish!
- Visit to the villas of greatest historical and cultural interest… without crowds! No endless lines, no scorching sun. Just so much beauty to admire and history to contemplate.
- Wine Tasting. This is the grape and wine season, in fact, there are numerous activities organized on the subject during this period. Tastings and tastings from all over the lake!
- Trekking. Autumn does not mean frost and snow! Indeed, these are the right moments to seize the opportunity to enjoy the last few days to tackle trekking safely. Before leaving, make sure you have everything you need to tackle the walk, consult the weather and ask the authorities for information about the status of the path you want to take. You will not be disappointed!
A magical Lake Como all year round!
Things to do in winter on Lake Como
Lake Como, with its azure waters and majestic surrounding mountains, is one of the most fascinating natural gems in Europe. In addition to breathtaking views, this region offers a wide range of activities to suit every visitor's tastes, in every season... even in winter. Here are some!
The winter desserts of Upper Lake Como: a gastronomic journey between tradition and flavour
Upper Lake Como - or Alto Lario - is a region rich in culinary traditions that are expressed in a particular way during the winter season. Thanks to the proximity to Valtellina, the area north of Lake Como in this period offers a wide range of delicacies. Local desserts play a leading role in local gastronomy, delighting the palate with unique and authentic flavours. Let's see and together someone!
Polenta Taragna: A Journey between History and Flavors
In the picturesque Alps, between Valtellina and Lake Como, polenta taragna is much more than a simple traditional dish; it is a symbol of local culture and identity. This delicacy, made from corn flour and cheese, embodies the history and tradition of the area. Let's discover its origins and learn how to prepare it.